The Bread & Roses Playwriting Award is a competition for full length theatre plays that have not previously been produced or published and feature at least half of female, non-binary or gender neutral roles.
Up to three winning plays will receive professional production at The Bread and Roses Theatre and 10% of box office income (in 2019/2020) and publication by The Bread and Roses Theatre with royalty from all sales.
The top 10 shortlisted plays that do not go on to win will receive written feedback and script analysis.
- Full-length, at least 60 minutes in expected running time.
- Plays must primarily be in the English language.
- Submissions may not have previously been produced or published (up to 3 rehearsed readings are permitted and playwrights may have had other work that’s been produced and/or published) and may not currently be attached to a producer or company.
- At least half the material should be female or non-binary roles (measured by number of lines/presence and may include non-gender-specific roles).
- Plays should not require more than a cast of 7.
- Playwrights must be based in Europe.
31 May 2018 at midnight
For more information, including what and how to submit, judges, terms and conditions and to submit your play please go to https://www.breadandrosestheatre.co.uk/playwriting-award.html