The Cheshire Prize for Literature is inviting writers from four to 100 to be creative and submit an entry. This can either be a short story, a piece of poetry, script or children’s literature (this can be a script story or poem for ages seven to 14). This year there is no theme so you can write about anything that inspires you.
There are three age groups:
- Primary (4-11) for short stories or poetry
- Secondary (11-18) for short stories or poetry
- Over 18 for short stories, children’s literature, poetry or scriptwriting
You must live or have lived, work or have worked, study or have studied in Cheshire (including Wirral, Warrington and Halton)
- Short stories should be a maximum of 1500 words
- Poetry should be a maximum of 100 lines
- Children’s literature should be aimed at 7-14 year olds and can be a story or poetry adhering to the word limits above.
- Scriptwriting should be a maximum 15 minute playscript.
You can enter a maximum of two categories but can only enter one entry in each category.
Deadline: Tuesday 31st January 2023