The opportunity, offered by BBC Comedy in partnership with the BBC Writersroom, is designed to find a writer with a fresh, unique point of view and the potential to help shape the future of comedy, whether in the BBC or elsewhere in the industry. It aims to make a positive intervention to address an under-representation of BAME professionals in comedy production in broadcasting.
On a practical level, the bursary gives up-and-coming talent the chance to make comedy writing their main focus for six months, while immersed in comedy production. They will hone their skills while gaining experience on a range of BBC comedies across radio, TV and online, on panel shows, shorts, sitcoms or comedy entertainment shows. The programme will offer the writer the support they need to take the next step in their career.
Monday 30th July 2018 at 5pm
- A good knowledge of British comedy and comedy television in general
- Experience of writing to a brief set by others – to be outlined in your Writing CV
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express all issues and ideas clearly and concisely
- Experience of working to a deadline – to be outlined in your Writing CV
- Duos can submit, but no writing teams
- Entrants must submit a Writing CV document as well as a short biography, to be entered on your BBC Writersroom E-submissions profile
- Entrants must be over the age of 18 at the time of submitting
- Entrants must be available to attend an interview in London between the 11th and 27th September 2018