The INK festival is an opportunity for writers of all ages, backgrounds and levels of experience who want to see their play performed professionally. INK is accepting submissions of short scripts in a number of categories.
- Short play (30 minutes or less)
- Radio play (15 minutes or less)
- Themed play (10 minutes or less, maximum 3 cast, must include the words ‘INSIDE OUT’)
- Radio Game Show (with the potential to be developed for radio, examples Just a Minute, Sorry I Haven’t a Clue or Unbelievable Truth…)
- Young Writer (under 18) (Scripts under 10 minutes, maximum 3 cast members)
They recommend that casts are kept to 5 or fewer actors, these plays will be produced in a Festival environment so set and props should be kept to a minimum.
INK is delighted to receive scripts from everyone, whatever their age or experience, and champions work in-particular from writers with past or present links to East Anglia. For 2020 however, submissions are now open to the rest of the UK and beyond!
They also particularly like to encourage submissions which comply to the BECHDEL Test and from every ethnicity.
Deadline: midnight on the 5th October 2019