The John Byrne Award is an online exhibition and competition exploring personal and societal values. The ultimate aim is to encourage reflection on and commitment to values through the exchange of ideas presented in creative work.
Entries are open to people aged 16-30 and living and/or working in Scotland of single pieces of creative work in any medium – Audio, Video, Writing (including Scripts) or Imagery.
There is a rolling monthly Prize, and a yearly Prize.
- An entry should include:
(1) A single piece of creative piece of work (any kind of work is accepted).
(2) A question that summarises the thinking behind the work.
(3) A short paragraph describing why this question is important.
- Monthly winners are announced on first day of every month.
- Annual winner is judged by an independent judging panel. Winner will be announced at their awards ceremony in Edinburgh in February, 2020.
23:59 on Fri 31 Jan, 2020.
WINNER ANNOUNCED: Awards Ceremony, Feb 2020.
£250 MONTHLY PRIZE
DEADLINE: 23:59 on the last day of every month.
WINNER ANNOUNCED: first day of every month.
£2500 ANNUAL PRIZE
An independent judging panel reviews ALL entries. Any entry from the year could win.