Pintsized Plays is one of the leading international competition for short plays of up to 10 minutes. Winning plays are performed in selected pubs in Pembrokeshire and the six winning entries and four runners up then go on to be performed Script Slam at Theatr Gwaun in Fishguard where the audience get to vote for their favourite script – and the winner will walk away with the coveted Pint-pot (with a half-pint for the runner up). On top of that all ten plays will be considered for publication
There’s is an entry fee of £5.50 or equivalent for each play submitted.
- The competition is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
- Scripts should be capable of being staged in a pub with a running time of between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Scripts should require two or three characters only with minimal additional props.
- Scripts will be judged on originality, quality, and suitability for the setting.
- All plays should be written in English.
- The author’s name must not appear on the cover page or anywhere within the script.
- Entrants can submit as many scripts as they like, provided each is accompanied the appropriate entry fee.
- The copyright of each script remains with the author. Authors will grant ‘Pint-sized Plays’ the right to perform their winning script at events so arranged, during the Pint-sized Festival period.
- Winning plays in past years have also been requested to be performed by other companies in other locations after the Pint-sized Plays festival has ended. Subject to the author’s approval, Pint-sized Plays will, if so required, act as agents for such performances and collect and pay a royalty for each play so performed.
May 31st 2020.
The six winning scripts and four runners up will also be performed at the Script Slam on September 26th 2020.