The Search for Blue are looking for scratch submissions to be a part of their climate conscious festival to mark Earth Day April 2020. They are looking for 8 artists, stories, plays, poems, ideas, artistic responses to the Earth and climate crisis
- A 10 to 15-minute scratch night script OR a one-page synopsis of your scratch idea containing the show description relevant to the scratch night theme.
- Up to 10 minutes of evidence of past work including scripts or video (if you are providing full-length work, please specify which 10 minutes they should watch).
- CVs or biographies of the artists involved.
- A suggestion for environmental activism that can be practically achieved and documented e.g. picking up rubbish for 15 minutes in your neighbourhood or attending a protest march or petitioning your MP.
- Technical rehearsal of 1 hour in the venue.
- Front-of-house staff provided.
- PR and advertising support.
- Discount tickets to other events hosted by Search for Blue in 2020.
- A dramaturgy session scheduled minimally a month before performance.
- A private scratch night group workshop and panel discussion to further your performance practice in conjunction with Power Play and It’s Freezing in LA!
- Rehearsal space advice.
- Post-show discussion.
1st February 2020 at noon
Applicants should be aware that they should be available all-day Tuesday, 21st April 2020 for tech, and performances commencing at 7:30pm on Wednesday, 22nd April 2020.