Theatr Clwyd is a home for writers in Wales, offering the time and space to write within a community of fellow artists without the pressure of ‘showing’ or producing something. They offer residencies connected to our in-house productions so writers can get to know other artists working here, spend time observing rehearsals and develop ideas in a supportive environment. The Writer in Residence Scheme is generously supported by Gladstone’s Library.
The attachment includes:
- A bursary to cover travel, subsistence and expenses
- Accommodation at the nearby Gladstone’s Library (a beautiful Grade I listed building and the only Prime Ministerial Library in Britain)
- Use of the Writers’ Room
- Optional feedback on any work in progress
- The potential to work with actors on any work in progress
- The opportunity to deliver a workshop in writing for theatre with Theatr Clwyd’s company for young people.
The theatre’s intention is that these attachments will form the beginning of a relationship with Theatr Clwyd and a network of writers who can call their theatre home. In 2018, they will be offering three residencies connected to the in-house productions. They are now opening applications for two of these residencies.
How to Apply
• A CV of both your work as a writer and other employment, training and education
• A brief description of where you currently are as a writer
• A brief description of what you’d like to use the residency to work on
• Two pages of a script that you’ve written
• Confirmation of your availability for both residencies and which production you would prefer to be attached to, and why.
You will receive more information after submitting your application.
If you are interested, please send an email with the above to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 16 February 2018.
For more information please go to https://www.theatrclwyd.com/en/get-involved/artist-development/writer-in-residence/