5 February 2020 | 7:30pm
Open Space is a lab for creativity, an opportunity for artists to explore new ideas, experiment, and test material in front of an audience. Theatre by the Lake welcome all kinds of untried and untested work, from spoken word to music, from dance to theatre, and much more.
- Each artist/group will have 45 minutes in the studio on the day of the event to familiarise themselves with the space, and try out their work.
- During the event each artist/group will have a maximum of 10 minutes to perform in front of an audience.
- The artist/group will prepare 3 questions which will be handed to audience members prior to the performance, they will then collect and return this feedback at the end of the event. They want to enable everyone to continue conversations so the bar will be open after the event so people can discuss what they’ve seen and get to know each other.
- Each artist/group will be paid £100.
- Open Space is open to everyone but they will prioritise Cumbrian-based artists.
- They actively encourage proposals from artists of colour, LGBTQIA+ artists, and artists who are d/Deaf or disabled.
16 December 2019.
They will select 4 ideas for Open Space, and will let you know if you piece has been selected by 8 January 2020.
How to apply
If you have an idea you want to try out at Open Space all you need to do is send a proposal. You can do this in writing (max. 200 words) or by recording a short video (60 seconds max) telling TBTL about your idea. Email your proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not send attachments greater than 25mb.
- Lighting: TBTL will provide 1 static lighting state – lights up, lights down.
- Sound: a basic PA system, for backing tracks only, any music files should be sent at least 2 weeks in advance in WAV, MP3 or Qlab format with a list of the track order. A Sm58 and stand will be provided with the facility to either mic or DI one instrument. A single stage monitor send can be available if required.
- Each artist/group will have 45mins of tech time in the studio on the day of the event, this will be strictly adhered to so they can provide the same amount of time to each artist.
- If your ideas are selected to be shown at Open Space TBTL will ask for 70 words of copy and an image which we will feature on their website and across our social media channels.