Dates: 13–14 Mar 2021 and 20–21 Mar 2021
Times: 10am – 5pm (inc. 1 hour lunch break)
An opportunity for 10 writers/makers of original live performance work to participate in a free online practical writers’ retreat spread over two weekends (4 days in total) in March 2021.
The retreat will inspire, encourage and support the writers to explore and discover exciting new forms and opportunities for their work with a specific focus on creating original performance work for and in the Winchester district.
Practical activities, tasks and challenges within a safe, supportive and fun atmosphere will allow writers to create, share and learn together, while also receiving mentoring and advice from Resident Writer & Dramaturg Richard Hurford.
Richard has over 25 years’ experience as a performance writer working across the UK. Europe and the US, producing his own work and mentoring other writers and artists in genres ranging from theatre, dance and opera to site-specific, immersive and virtual reality.
- Writers of all levels of experience can apply. Whether you’re a novice, emerging or an experienced writer, whether your work has been produced or not, they are interested in your ideas for future work not a detailed CV.
- Writers must be aged 16 or over
- They’re happy to hear from writers anywhere, but priority will be given to writers who live or work in, come from or have a meaningful personal connection to the Winchester district, as well as any writers from Hampshire and neighbouring counties of Berkshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, West Sussex and Surrey.
- They’re looking for an interesting combination of writers of different ages, ideas, genres and levels of experience, so all this will help them put together a good creative mix for this first retreat.
- Please make sure that you can attend both retreat weekends before you apply, as this is an essential part of the offer.
- All writers who apply will be become part of the Writing to Play Network for future opportunities and activities.
Mon 1 Mar 2021, 12 noon