Action Transport Theatre are looking for FOUR young people with a passion for writing and interest in building their skills to be part of this two month international collaboration. The Three Up program provides the opportunity for young people to reach beyond their own borders to build a community with young writers from Canada and Australia while working with professional local and international playwrights and facilitators. It is a fun way to write and make friends with similar interests.
- are between the ages of 13 -17
- have experience with and interest in creative writing (plays, poems, short stories, etc.)
- have an interest in international creative collaboration
- are able to commit to attend eight in-person sessions at ATT (a schedule is included below)
- are able to commit a minimum of one hour a week to independent writing and/or correspondence with international writing partners and
have access to the internet, a personal e-mail address and permission to use a Facebook account to access our closed Facebook group
Three Up Program Schedule
Participants will be added to the Three Up Facebook group and given the first assignment of the program March 2020 onwards
The Three Up Facebook group is the participant’s primary way to share and discuss the writing process and completed works with their peers and facilitators from each country. Assignments will be regularly posted on the Facebook group.
In-person sessions will take place in Ellesmere Port throughout March, April and May and there will be a sharing event in June 2020.
In-person meetings will take place with Kevin Dyer, ATT’s Associate Writer, and the three other participants at Whitby Hall and Ellesmere Port Library. The purpose of these meetings will be to write and to discuss your collaborative work with your international partners.
Friday 28th February 2020.