For the 2020 Liverpool Fringe Festival Make it Write is resurrecting the Ticket to Write International Festival celebrating The Beatles in drama. They are looking to stage 2 nights of 4 x 30 minute plays, The same 4 plays being repeated on both nights. Each play will run on a profit-sharing basis once the costs of putting them on have been cleared. If a loss is made the producers will ensure fees are met.
- Anyone who is signed up to the Make it Write Face Book or Twitter page or attends the writer’s drop-in run by Make it Write and is currently living in the North west of England can enter
- Plus, in keeping with Ticket to Write’s international reach, at least one play staged will come from abroad.
- The plays can feature any aspect of The Beatles – their music, work or lives. They can even be inspired by a song or a song title from the group.
- The play must be original, unproduced work. (Plays previously produced will be disqualified with the exception of a script in hand production)
- No adaptations please.
- Full play lasting approximately 30 minutes.
- Simple setting with minimal props and technical requirements. A full cast list including doubling up suggestions if needed. The cast must be no larger than 4 actors.
12 midnight, 11th January.
The 4 winners will be announced before 31st January unless otherwise stated.
One director and one assistant director will be chosen by Make it Write to direct all 4 plays. A cast of actors will be appointed to the four plays. Plays will be performed at Hope Street theatre, Hope Street, Liverpool on Friday June 12 and Saturday June 13 during the Liverpool Fringe Festival.