TYPT is Talawa’s flagship programme for emerging theatre makers. Every summer a team of emerging artists aged 18-25 works with established artists to create a brand new show. to develop their practice, test ideas and produce a brand new piece of theatre in just 4 weeks. We have opportunities both offstage and onstage.
Whether you are a performer, stage manager, designer or technician you will gain invaluable experience of professional theatre. Every element of the process will be open to you from initial production meetings to script development sessions; from meetings with graphic designers to the get-out.
TYPT is an intensive process that runs from Monday 6th August to Friday 31st August 2018:
- Week 1 – 3: Devising and Rehearsing
TYPT Companies work, Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm
- Week 4: Production Week and Performances
Working hours during production week will be confirmed at a later date
Past TYPT participantshave gone on to successful careers in theatre; working as performers, producers, writers and technicians for a range of organisations including The Bush Theatre, Oval House, Young Vic, and the National Theatre. Alumni include:
- Michaela Coel (E4’s Chewing Gum and The Aliens, Channel 4’s Top Boy and Home, National Theatre)
- Nonso Anozie (HBO’s Game of Thrones, CBS’ Zoo and Disney’s Cinderella)
- Shanika Warren-Markland (Noel Clarke’s Adulthood, Brotherhood and 4321and BFI’s Gone Too Far!).
- Femi Oguns MBE (Director of The Identity Drama School)
- Sandra Thompson-Quartey (Artistic Director of Writers Avenue Theatre Company and Talent Agency)