Unshaded Arts will be presenting their first new-writing event ‘Universal’ at Omnibus Theatre on Friday 11 November 2022, and are seeking submissions from writers.
They are looking for short plays that pertain to the following guidelines:
- universal stories with marginalised characters at the centre. There is no specific theme, but the subject matter and content of each piece should be universally relatable;
- no longer than 15 minutes;
- feature 2-4 characters (no monologues/solo pieces);
- simple staging requirements i.e. flexible for any set and minimal costume / props;
- work that has not been produced elsewhere.
They are particularly keen to showcase the work of marginalised writers by way of race, disability, sexuality, gender etc, but welcome submissions from all writers provided you are based in the UK. This is an unpaid opportunity.
Please email submissions in PDF format to email@example.com.
To learn more about Unshaded Arts, visit www.unshadedarts.com
Friday 26 August, 11:59pm.