The heart of this competition is the participation of playwrights worldwide, regardless of nationality, age, gender or language. The contest aims to encourage writers in the creation of bold and powerful plays for young people. The competition is open to all writers worldwide. There is no age or nationality limit for the entrants
€12.000 in prizes to be won
- The competition is open to all writers worldwide and there is no age or nationality limit for the entrants.
- They do accept plays co-authored by more than one writer. Hereafter, ‘writer’ or ‘playwright’ means either a single writer or a group of writers in a collective work. The participation of an underage writer must be authorised by the legal guardian.
- The competition is restricted to plays for young audiences.
- They do not accept musicals.
- Writers are asked to submit a play for either:
- Category A (the play must cater for a performance time of no less than 60 min. and no more than two hours).
- Category B (the play must cater for a performance time of no less than 30 min and no more than one hour).
- Category C (the play must cater for a performance time of no less than 10 min and no more than 30 min)
- The play must be a new and original piece of work. The play must not have been published in any form or awarded previously.
- The copyright of the play must be owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable Editorial DALYA to use the work as contemplated by these contest rules.
- Performed plays can be submitted.
- There is no fee to enter and no hidden costs for the entrants.
20 December 2021