Amateur playwrights world-wide are invited to submit unpublished one-act plays for The Windsor Fringe Kenneth Branagh Drama Writing Award.
Three winning scripts will be selected for fully staged performances during the Fringe Festival in October. One of the three scripts will be chosen for the £500 prize, judged on the writing only.
March 5th 2019
- Only amateur playwrights are eligible and only one script per author will be accepted.
- Each script must be an original work and not have been previously published or performed.
- Each play must be no more than 30 minutes long, have a cast of no more than six actors, and be suitable for staging in a studio theatre.
- So that each script may be judged anonymously, the cover page must show the play’s title, the author’s name and contact info.
- Writers should submit two hard copies of their plays, printed on one side only on A4 paper with no binding or stapling. Pages must be numbered + one digital copy e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 12 noon latest on the deadline date. An automatic reply will be sent saying the copy has been received and when writers should expect to hear/next steps etc. No scripts will be returned.
A £10 reading fee will be charged. Please make cheques payable to: Windsor Fringe Festival
Scripts will be evaluated by readers and the final nine short list by two judges (to be confirmed.) The three winning writers will be notified by the middle of June 2019.