Without Walls invites artists and companies to request support for the creation and touring of new outdoor work for presentation in 2019.
Without Walls supports the creation and touring of a range of exciting and ambitious outdoor projects of different genres, styles and forms by UK artists. Artists are invited to submit proposals for the next round of Without Walls commissions, for new outdoor arts projects in any form which will premiere and tour in 2019.
- They are looking for work from all disciplines and genres, that is innovative and ambitious and challenges the idea of what outdoor arts can be.
- The work must be suitable for outdoor touring and artists should be committed to exploring touring opportunities for the works in addition to the Without Walls festivals.
- Proposals for work could be adaptable in scale, suitable for daytime and/or evening presentation and may also include promenade or processional based elements.
- Without Walls exists to support the development of new and ambitious work by UK artists; they can support projects that are developed in association with International Artists, but the lead partner on the project must be based in the UK.
- Most projects supported by Without Walls are shows that they have commissioned. However, in some cases, they will support the touring of a project that has already raised its creation costs, provided that the show has not already toured in the UK, and provided it clearly meets their priorities.
- Please note the work should be available from May – September 2019 and be available to tour to Without Walls festivals where interest lies. It is expected that shows commissioned for 2019 will also be available to tour from April – October 2020, allowing them to tour to ATN festivals if required.
5pm 4 September 2018
Notification of shortlisted projects – End of October 2018
Final decision – Mid-December 2018
For more information and advice around completing your application please see http://www.withoutwalls.uk.com/open-call-2019/