A new project in association with leading new writing company Paines Plough, to commission THREE never-before-commissioned writers to originate and realise a fresh idea for a new play.
Each writer will:
- Receive a £1,500 commission to cover 3 weeks of writing and development work, spread between October – December 2020
- Be paired with a leading Dramaturg to work with on their new play
- Given an established writer as an industry mentor
- Access to various professional development focused workshops
- Work closely with WoLab and Paines Plough to develop themselves as artists
- There is no expectation that you will write a play after the 3 weeks, but they hope that the money will allow the time and freedom to start something new.
In order to be eligible, you must not have been commissioned by any building or organisation to write a full-length play for stage (they define full-length by a running time of fifty minutes or more). Please note they will be cross-checking all long-listed applicants.