Deadline for Applications:
Monday 27th August 2018
mid-September – mid-December
Venue: Artist House 45
They are looking for a writer who:
• Can live in the house for the duration of the residency.
• Is interested in working with, and in response to, artistic projects happening in the house.
• Has an interest in ideas of home and community.
They expect the writer in residence to spend a minimum of two days per week on the project and throughout their time in the house, create an ongoing narrative suitable for external audiences.
The writer in residence opportunity includes:
• three months’ accommodation provided from mid-September to mid-December at Artists House 45, with their own private room and utilities costs covered. Please note kitchen, living space may be communal spaces will be shared.
• £1,000 fee for their time and expertise.
• Support from the programme team at East Street Arts.
About Artists House 45
Artists House 45 is a live/work artist residency within a traditional two bedroom, back-to-back home in the residential area of Beeston, Leeds. Owned by Leeds City Council the property had previously been unoccupied and was renovated by East Street Arts who secured the house to push the boundaries of socially engaged practice and community activity. Further information about Artist House 45 can be found on their Live/Work page.