Harts Theatre Company in partnership with Lyric Hammersmith presents the Young Harts Writing Festival This years theme is Home.
Young Harts Writing Festival is an inter-borough new writing festival, which merges the gap between emerging young artists and professionals. Through an online competition, six plays from emerging young writers will be chosen. They receive a £100 commission and a free writing master class with Inua Ellams, as well as another month to complete their plays. Each young writer will be partnered with a professional writer as a mentor. This years mentors include Bruntwood Prize 2017 Longlisted writer Sarah Korsah
Deadline: 5PM on Friday 16th February 2018
- Play must be NO MORE than 10 minutes in length
- 6 (including one special commendation piece) original plays will be chosen from outstanding writers aged 11-25 who have a story that relates to the theme.
- They are looking for writers with a unique and distinctive voice. There is no skills remit, or level of experience you need to have. They want to hear from everyone who has a story to tell.
- If selected, your piece will be performed as part of the festival on 6th or 7th April 2018 at Lyric Hammersmith.
- Your play should only feature between 2 and 5 characters.
- Monologues are not accepted
- The festival is aimed at mixed age audiences. Therefore they ask that pieces do not contain excessive use of swear words or depictions of sex and violence.
- Harts Young Writers Festival is for writers aged 10-25. You must fall within this age bracket to have your play accepted for reading.
- The competition is open to writers across the United Kingdom, Ireland, and the world! Your play must be written in the English Language. If your play is selected and you don’t live in London, Harts are not able to cover travel or accommodation expenses.
- Your submission must be an original piece of writing written only by you.
- It CANNOT have been produced or performed prior to its’ submission anywhere in the world. This applies to both amateur and professional productions. Previously performed or produced piece will be disqualified from the competition
- They will not accept an extract from a longer piece of writing.
For more information- and to apply via the application form please go to http://www.hartstheatrecompany.co.uk/young-harts-writing-festival-2018/