This award is open to young writers aged 11-18 in the North of England. Young writers can submit creative work in any form including prose, poetry, scriptwriting, blogging, songwriting and rap.
- This award is for a young person aged 11-18 years.
- Applicants must currently live full-time in the North of England. The North of England is defined as the areas covered by Arts Council England in Yorkshire, North East and North West. They regret they are unable to accept submissions from outside these areas due to conditions in funding from Arts Council England.
- There are two age categories, 11-4 and 15-18, and entrants must be 18 or under on Thursday 18 February 2022 when the awards close.
- Young writers can submit creative work in any form including prose, poetry, scriptwriting, blogging, songwriting and rap.
- The winner in each category will receive prize money of £150. Up to two writers may also be highly commended across the age categories.
- Applications for this award are accepted in two ways:
- through nomination from an adult working with the young person.
- by application directly from the young person
- The work that you enter must be your own original work. All submissions must be written by a single author.
11:59pm on 17 February 2022